5+ Things You Should Know About BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Posted on: Sep 15 2022
The chances are pretty good you know someone who has had BOTOX® Cosmetic – it has been a very popular procedure for decades, and for good reason. Have you been thinking that it might be time to give BOTOX Cosmetic a try? If so, you probably have some questions. Read on for 5+ things you should know about BOTOX Cosmetic!
The low down on BOTOX Cosmetic
It is always a good idea to get the facts on any type of procedure you are considering. Here is what you need to know about BOTOX Cosmetic:
1. BOTOX Cosmetic is safe and FDA approved. It was originally approved for eye and muscle spasms, and it does have medical applications, but it was also quickly realized that it can have cosmetic uses as well.
2. Medically, BOTOX can help patients with migraines, crossed eyes, an overactive bladder, excessive sweating, neck spasms, and chronic back and jaw pain. Cosmetically, it can reduce frown lines, forehead furrows, crow’s feet, and skin bands on the neck.
3. BOTOX Cosmetic is made from the botulinum toxin A, which is very safe to use when it is done properly (despite having the word “toxin” in there). It works by paralyzing the muscles temporarily, which keeps them from contracting and forming wrinkles and lines.
4. BOTOX Cosmetic is injected directly into the problem area using a very fine needle.
5. There are many benefits to getting BOTOX Cosmetic: results can last for up to 4 months; you can have regular treatments; the side effects you may have (if any) are mild and fade within a couple of days; and, you can go right back to your normal activities as soon as you are done getting your injection.
Another great thing about BOTOX Cosmetic is that it is a great solution for you if you’ve tried at-home serums and face creams to deal with your fine lines and imperfections but they just aren’t working for you, yet you aren’t quite ready for a surgical procedure. Do you still have more questions about BOTOX Cosmetic and if it might be right for you? Call the office of Bardia Amirlak in Dallas, Texas, at 972-972-4708 and schedule a consultation today!
Posted in: Botox