Reduce the Signs of Aging with a Forehead and Brow Lift
- Posted on: Jun 15 2022
You can challenge the natural aging process with a surgical forehead lift, also referred to as raising the eyebrows. Over time, the elastic collagen in your face begins to degrade, leading to laxity and wrinkles in the forehead and eyes. Low-set brows and eyes can be opened-up with a three-dimensional forehead lift by Dr. Bardia Amirlak.
Forehead and Brow Lift Can Reduce Signs of Aging
This procedure is designed to minimize deep horizontal creases across the forehead and bridge of the nose. Frown lines constricting the look between the eyebrows are minimized with a lift to make them more open, pleasant, and less angry-looking.
Forehead and Brow Lift Procedure
There are two approaches for performing the forehead and brow lift. The classic and the endoscopic lift.
These techniques entail:
- The classic lift requires an incision running across the natural shape of the head, at the hairline, and downward to the ears.
- The endoscopic lift requires three to five small incisions made across the forehead, at the hairline.
The endoscopic lift using short incisions helps to shorten recovery time and reduce scarring.
The decision on which procedure will produce the desired results depends on:
- Thickness of skin
- Texture of skin
- Skin elasticity
- Face bone structure
- Eyebrow position
- Overall appearance of eyelids and brows
Positioning of the Eyebrows
There is a very important masculine/feminine difference in the correct positioning of the eyebrows.
- A woman’s ideal eyebrow positioning is an asymmetric arc with a peak over the superior bony ridge of the eye socket.
- The desirable look of a man’s eyebrow is a similar arc with a topmost peak at the bony ridge of the eye socket, so as not to feminize his profile.
The goal of a forehead and brow lift is to return your eyebrows to a position whereby they will open up the face and produce a well-rested, fresh appearance. Eyelid lift surgery is also commonly combined with a brow lift to correct sagging upper eyelids and conspicuous undereye bags.
Face the World with a Refreshed and Opened-Up Look
Schedule your forehead and brow lift consultation at Amirlak Plastic Surgery in Dallas, TX by calling 972-972-4708.
Posted in: Browlift